Our supporter promise
Our team is so much bigger than our staff. Thousands of passionate supporters make it possible for the Marine Conservation Society to make a big impact.
Our supporters are vital to our success. Without your incredible support, we wouldn’t be able to fight for healthy seas, where nature flourishes and people thrive.
In return for your support we promise to:
Spend your donation well
For every £1 you give we spend at least 70p to help recover the health of our ocean. In 2019/20, we spent 73p on the cause, and 27p on fundraising and admin.
Value your time
For everyone who gives us their time to volunteer or to campaign, we promise to value your skills and your views so that you can help in a way that suits you
Credit: Lukassek via Shutterstock
Communicate with you how you choose
- We’ll make it easy for you to choose how you hear from the Marine Conservation Society. If you ask us not to contact you, we won’t, unless it’s a legal requirement
- You can change how we communicate with you at any time. Just call us on 01989 566017 or email at [email protected] and let us know how you’d like to hear (or not hear) from us
Uphold the highest standards in fundraising
All of our staff and any agencies that work for us adhere to the strictest of fundraising guidelines, ensuring our fundraising practices are honest, legal, transparent and respectful of your wishes and privacy.
We comply fully with all relevant laws including the Data Protection Act 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR), the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) and the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Fundraising Practice. We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator (FR) and are members of the Data & Marketing Association (DMA).
- We will never sell your data to other companies or share your details with other charities without your permission
- We will never use pushy or aggressive fundraising techniques
- We will be open and transparent about how we raise money and how it is spent
If you have any concerns or would like any further information, please telephone us on 01989 566017 (office hours) or email us at [email protected] Alternatively, you can write to us at Overross House, Ross Park, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, HR9 7US.