Stuck for fundraising ideas? Browse our A to Z list and be inspired.
Daisy abseiled Portsmouth's Spinnaker Tower to complete her Guide Gold Award. As an aspiring marine biologist who has always loved the sea and the environment, she chose to raise funds for MCS to protect our oceans for everyone to enjoy in the future. "The abseil was fun, although quite scary, but totally worth it to raise such important funds and awareness for MCS."
Daisy's abseil raised £430 for MCS.
- Battle of the bands
- 蓝色的天 – celebrate our ocean for one day
- Birthday – ask for donations instead of gifts
Leo's birthday fundraiser
Leo was inspired to ask for donations for his 6th birthday in place of gifts after a trip to a turtle rescue centre in Mauritius. He was saddened to see so many turtles dying because of plastic waste. He raised £300 for MCS.
- Charity of the year – fundraise all year round with your business, school or club
- Christmas cards – make and sell your own
- Christmas presents – ask for donations instead of gifts
- Crafts – start a craft group and sell what you make to raise money
- Dinner party – make a sustainable fish supper using our 好鱼指南 and ask diners for donations
- Endurance challenge – back-to-back marathons, exercise for 24 hours
- Fancy dress day – at school or work
- Fashion show – hold a ‘trashion show’ by making outfits from waste and showing them off on the catwalk
- Film night – turn your home, school or village hall into a private cinema
- Football match/tournament
- Gala evening – host a black-tie event with a fundraising auction or raffle
- Garden party – host an afternoon tea with sparkling wine and strawberries
- Guess the weight/number/name
- Haircut – cut it all off, go for something dramatic or dye it a bright colour
Finley's big haircut
Seven year old Finley took part in a sponsored haircut. He had been growing his hair for three years but felt he needed to do something to help the planet. "I love the Ocean and we need to do more to help keep the waters clean and sea creatures safe. That is why I chose to raise money for the Marine Conservation Society."
Finley's haircut raised over £2000.
- Jailbreak – teams compete to get as far away as they can without spending any money
- Marathon – join an organised event or choose your own route
- Masterclass – teach a skill yourself, or hire a guest speaker and sell tickets
- Matched giving – ask your employer to match any donations you get, either in full or up to a certain amount
- Music concert or festival
- New Year’s resolution – donate every time you break a resolution
- Non-uniform day (see 蓝色的天)
- Odd jobs – hire yourself out to help with gardening, DIY or painting
- Office collection – put one of our collection boxes at work
- Pamper day – invite friends for a day of pampering, makeovers, manicures and face masks
- Party time – throw a party with a theme, dressing up and games
- Payroll giving – ask your finance department about this way to give at work
- 抽奖——看看bet356电竞平台的 Fundraising questions answered page on how to keep it legal
- RAG Week – use your university RAG week to raise money
- Ramble – set your distance and route and get walking in the great outdoors
- Row – cross the English Channel (or even the Atlantic) on a rowing machine
- Sweepstake – ask people to donate to guess the outcome of an event like Eurovision or Wimbledon and award the winner a prize
- Swim – swim a mile (or more) or take a dip in the icy sea
Allie swims the pier
Allie took on the challenge of swimming around Paignton Pier 365 times in as many days. “I feel like the sea has given me so much...and I have always loved being in the water. This year though the ocean has truly been my saviour, so I’m really keen to give something back." Allie has raised over £1000 for MCS.
- Teddy bears' picnic
- Triathlon – join an organised event or set your own challenge
- Unwanted gifts sale
- Valentine's singles' night
- Veggie sale – grow your own vegetables and sell them to raise funds
- Wax – legs, armpits, eyebrows...
- Wine/whiskey tasting